The mission of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Day Care Center, Inc. is to offer a program of daily activities designed to enhance the physical, emotional, social and intellectual well-being of the children entrusted to our care. All members of our organization, staff, parents, and children, work together to achieve our shared purpose.
The following Programs are available for your children:
|By ACD/ACS reservation only
Age: 2 1/2 - 12 years
Registration with Community District 27
Sponsored by Board of Education
Age: 4 years old
|After School Program||
Family Day Care
|Registration with ACD/ACS
Age: 6 - 12 years
|Ages: Infants 6 weeks - 12 months old.
Day care services provided in selected, licensed homes that are monitored by our Family Day Care Provider and Staff.
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
The programs at Alpha Kappa Alpha Day Care Center provide a curriculum that is age-appropriate and meet the needs of each individual child. Our goals and objectives stem from the philosophy and behalf that all children can succeed.
We strive to help children to:
- Develop a sense of good self-esteem.
- Develop a positive attitude toward life.
- Acquire learning and problem solving skills.
- Develop and expand logical thinking skills.
- Develop good communication skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Enhance and improve gross and motor skills.
- Use all senses in learning.
- Value our democratic way of life and recognize each individual and value all race and ethnic groups.
- Have parents and community as an integral part of the program by becoming involved in their children's education.
- Develop a well-rounded child while the child is in our program.