In 1950, Thirty-two dynamic college-trained, professional women sought to perpetuate the traditions and ideals of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Their vision to improve the quality of life for the residents of the Queens community led them to form the Epsilon Pi Omega chapter. The chapter was chartered on May 13, 1950 at the Springfield Gardens United Methodist Church in Queens, New York.
Over the years the chapter's membership has increased from the original 32 charter members to over 100 active Sorors. In keeping with the sorority's tradition of promoting academic excellence and enriching the lives college women, the Chapter also chartered two undergraduate chapters, Nu Mu and Nu Psi for selected students in Queens.
Since its inception, Epsilon Pi Omega has collaborated with a variety of governmental and community organizations to address the needs of residents of the Queens community. The chapter implements innovative programs and activities that focus on Education, Economic Empowerment, Health, the Arts and the Black Family.
Epsilon Pi Omega chapter is committed to sisterhood, leadership and service. This commitment is evident in our acknowledgment of our local scholars and talents; our efforts to educate and mobilize the community towards economic empowerment and social and political change; and our collaboration with local organizations to implement programs and service that will enhance the lives African-American families.